Just looking for a quick price for now? Fill in your details below, some info about what you’re looking for and we’ll be right back.
We are looking to recruit a Hydraulic Plant Fitter / Mechanic to maintain and repair excavator attachments, plant equipment & vehicles. You will be working for a growing family business based in Leeds that has 50 years of combined experience and specialism in hydraulic attachment solutions for the construction industry.
As a Hydraulic Plant Mechanic, you will need to have keen attention to detail when fault finding and repairing equipment, as well as being able to effectively communicate with colleagues and managers. Experience working with hydraulic attachments especially breakers would be ideal, however, you will initially be given one to one training in order to get an understanding of the equipment and company processes. You will also be health & safety aware especially in a workshop environment. Computer literate and experience with Insphire software would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided. You must be willing to be flexible with regards to working hours & travel and have a current clean driving licence.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 7am – 4.30pm. There is 20 days of holiday entitlement plus statutory bank holiday. Bonuses and perks of the position consist of a competitive pay rate, company pension scheme & On-site parking.
Key Responsibilities & Duties – Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Checking technical guidelines, carry out the disassembly and assembly of hydraulic breakers according to correct procedures. Inspect and record condition of all parts and advise approximate feasibility of repair.
·Source appropriate parts and obtain costings including freight. Conduct repairs as required including the chuck bush extraction (pressing) and reinsertion (heat/freeze) processes.
· Install hydraulic auxiliary connections on excavators. Checking technical guidelines, calibrate the excavator auxiliary oil pressure and flow for the given attachment. Run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues. Fit attachments to excavators.
· Inspect machines, engines, pumps, hydraulic cylinders to affect the necessary repairs.
· Perform thorough Preventative Planned Maintenance (PPM) including replenishing fluids, replacing filters and components on all plant, vehicles, machinery, equipment, and systems to reduce downtime.
· Respond promptly to plant breakdowns and reactive maintenance. Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
· Prepare plant and attachments in readiness for hire.
· A Driven, self-motivated individual who is enthusiastic, eager, and Hard-working.
·Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical, and other systems and their components
· A good understanding of the impact that hydraulic oil pressure and flow have on each other.
· A good understanding of low voltage pilot power electrical systems on excavators
· Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
· The ability to read hydraulic schematics.
· A problem-solving ability
· Very good physical strength and stamina
· Very good communication skills
· Ability to work well in a team.
· Time Management
· HGV license – not essential
· Counterbalance forklift license – not essential
· Telehandler license – not essentialApply Now
We require a competent and experienced 360 excavator operator with experience in earthworks in Leeds. You must have a valid CPCS card and a full uk driving licence. The main duties are:
· Perform daily safety checks of plant and equipment
· Maintain quality and quantity with a strong sense of accountability and high standards
· To work efficiently and effectively as part of a team, be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work
· To be able to work on own initiative
· To maintain high levels of Health and Safety standards
· Perform other duties as and when required, which may require driving of a dumper.
Salary: £16.00-£20.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday (possibility of weekends)
Experience: Excavator Operator: 2+ years (Preferred)
Licence/Certification: CPCS (required)